Friday, March 02, 2007

You can hear here the Israeli song picked to represent Israel in the next Eurovision Song Context.

Push the button...

The song's (partial) lyrics are as follows:

The world is full of terror
If someone makes an error
He’s gonna blow us up to biddy biddy kingdom come
There are some crazy rulers they hide and try to fool us
With demonic, technologic willingness to harm
They’re gonna push the button
Push the button push the bu push the bu push the button

And I don’t want to die; I want to see the flowers bloom
Don’t want a go capoot ka boom, and I don’t want to cry
I wanna have a lot of fun, just sitting in the sun
But nevertheless - he’s gonna push the button
Push the button push the bu push the bu push the button


[...]

Messages are exploding on me
Missiles are flying and also falling on me
Police and thieves are running all over me
They jump on me and feed on me
My God, my God, give me answer my God, Hashem
This nightmare is too long
When I'm barely alive and everyone is aiming at me,
Perhaps it's too early to sing
When I gave you my life
Oh, Oh - the Police
Whoa, Whoa - Rescue Unit
Here is a song without a scale
Red is not just a color, it's more like blood.

There is a very good possibility that the song will not be allowed to compete in the Eurovision song contest. Because "It's absolutely clear that this kind of message is not appropriate for the competition". So they say.

Ah, Scandinavian discriminating good taste and impeccable manners in full display again. They really don't want to make it uncomfortable for some audiences. Does anyone remember this story?

Different countries, different contexts, yet somehow... the stench that wafts in the air smells the same..

But as Kobi Oz says, "the lead singer, told the Israeli newspaper Maariv: “The song has a line that talks about ‘some crazy leaders,’ but we didn’t mention names. The state of Israel has gone through enough so that it can laugh at terrorism. The Israelis chose the song because that is the best way: not to be afraid, but to laugh in their faces.”


Indeed.



(Via)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home