Saturday, October 13, 2007

Accoulterated David


All right, I know I said I had only two-cents to put on Anne Coulter's brawl, but I stumbled upon this comment from David Horowitz. It is the first time I read him, though I remember him being referred to as something horrible for some reason, maybe because he is an unapologetic Jew with a big mouth which some people find insufferable (Jews are supposed to be extra dainty and taciturn, especially when vilified, to set an example on how freedom of speech works) and some Jews find embarrassing (a phenomenon embarrassing in and of itself). So here is what he is saying, why he still finds the anorexic blond cool:

I have received a surprising number of emails from friends basically asking "What are you going to do about Coulter?" This is a reference to her recent comment that she is hoping for the perfection of the Jews. My response is this: what else would a Christian hope for? That's the message of the New Testament: Jesus came to fulfill, complete, perfect the Law. If you're a Christian, that's what you believe. If you don't accompany this belief by burning Jews who refuse to become perfected at the stake why would any Jew have a problem?

Which is exactly what I said, though less succinctly. How nice to be understood.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That isnt "exactly what you said." You said Ann Coulter's type of Christian belief is anti-semitism. David Horowitz clearly states that it is not. You were dancing around the issue in a concillitory manner, but you still claimed that the belief itself is anti semitic....which clearly it is not.

Kudos to Horowitz

 
At 8:18 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, what I said was that this belief, is much much older than antisemitism. Horowitz does not deny the anti-Jewish rationale of this belief. He is saying it is characteristic for religions to think they are better than their precedents, the way Judaism believes in Jewish chosennness, and Buddhists believe in their awakeness, etc.

It is also a fact that this belief, which was taken as literal truth, was the catalyst for numerous massacres and persecutions of Jews throughout history. So there is no dancing around the rescord. It always surprises me when very intelligent people resort to this kind of primitive categorizations for whatever reason. It really does not matter to me what Coulter or others may believe in their heart. What matters is how they parley that faith into humanistic everyday behaviour.

I think this is what she was trying to actually trying to explain but failed.

 
At 12:10 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noga,

The belief itself is not anti Semitic. I think that Coulter's point was that Christianity is being suppressed, under the ruse of multi-culturalism. What multi culturalism really is, is anti Western Majority, of which Christianity is a main component. And Christianity is doubly despised and supressed by the Left, especially. She is exposing anti Christian/Western underpinnings to Leftwing multi-cultural thought.

Sorry for the ramble. You know I dont always express myself so well.

Best regards

nwo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home