Sunday, June 29, 2008

Leftism, Anti-Zionism, Anti-Semitism, and Jewish Response

The New Centrist began a three-part series of articles about the history and present currency of Left antisemitism.

Part 1:

Part 2:

I will link to Part 3 when it becomes available.

Make sure to read Part 2's comment by Daniel Stark. A case in point:

.... One moment during High School really sent me towards learning more about Israel and the constant aggression towards its existence. This was towards the end of my senior year while my friend was driving me home from school. The subject shifted towards 9/11 and terrorism and we were expressing our viewpoints. My views at the time were Ron Paulish in nature (though that has changed also). When it got to my friends view on 9/11, he said, “You know, the Jews were really behind 9/11.” That response almost made me want to smack him, to wake him up to such an absurd comment. Instead, I told him politely that it was wrong and he should do some more research on it. Since then, I have always looked at motives and rhetoric of those who represent the left and see if bigotry is somehow connected (it is not always the case, but it is out there, as you point out in your essay).

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home