Friday, July 25, 2008

Offensivity:

Another story about Muslim demands for being compensated for hurt feelings and discrimination,

Via: The Iconoclast

DEARBORN -- Two Muslim women say that a McDonald's restaurant refused to hire them, and insulted them during job interviews because they wear traditional Islamic dress.

Toi Whitfield, 20, of Detroit and Quiana Pugh, 25, of Dearborn sued McDonald's, the owner of the local franchise and its unidentified manager in Wayne County Circuit Court on Thursday. Their representative said they are considering filing civil rights complaints with the federal and state governments.

"I applied for the McDonald's position maybe two weeks ago and he simply (told me) I had to make a choice and remove my hijab, or I would not be able to establish employment there," Pugh said.

"When I walked away, I was definitely hurt by it and disturbed. I was confused that it could happen here in Dearborn, with so many Muslims," she said.

I was wondering about the choice to apply for a job at McDonald's which serves not only non-halal beef meat but also bacon. After all, there was this issue of delicate religious sensibilities being offended not too long ago by the idea of touching pork products:

Some Muslim cashiers had declined to scan products such as bacon because doing so would conflict with their religious beliefs. They would ask other cashiers to ring up such purchases, or some customers scanned the items themselves.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its clear that Pork BBQ restaurants are bigoted anti Muslim establishments.

LOL!

Welcome to the South, that shit dont play around here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home