Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gaza Celebrates

This and this (graphical gore, be warned)

Update:

These photos are all of the same person passing around a plate of pastry in the street, not a mass celebration. However, Hamas has officially praised the murder.

Update II:

A little belatedly, I remembered these final lines from
Caryl Churchill's Seven Jewish Children

"Tell her, tell her about the army, tell her to be proud of the army. Tell her about the family of dead girls, tell her their names why not, tell her the whole world knows why shouldnt she know? tell her there's dead babies, did she see babies? tell her she's got nothing to be ashamed of. Tell her they did it to themselves. Tell her they want their children killed to make people sorry for them, tell her I'm not sorry for them, tell her not to be sorry for them, tell her we're the ones to be sorry for, tell her they cant talk suffering to us. Tell her we're the iron fist now, tell her it's the fog of war, tell her we wont stop killing them till we're safe, tell her I laughed when I saw the dead policemen, tell her they're animals living in rubble now, tell her I wouldnt care if we wiped them out, the world would hate us is the only thing, tell her I dont care if the world hates us, tell her we're better haters, tell her we're chosen people, tell her I look at one of their children covered in blood and what do I feel? tell her all I feel is happy it's not her. "

I wonder what Churchill feels these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home