Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The radical anarchist

 I.

"Anarchism is generally defined as the political philosophy which holds the state to be undesirable, unnecessary, and harmful,[1][2] or alternatively as opposing authority and hierarchical organization in the conduct of human relations.[3][4][5][6][7][8] Proponents of anarchism, known as "anarchists", advocate stateless societies based on non-hierarchical[3][9][10] voluntary associations."

II. 


III.

AbuKhalil:

"I don't like flags, and I don't like nationalisms but for Palestine and the Palestinians, everything and anything. "

____________________

Imagine, just for the sake of the point I want to make in this post, No'am Chomsky saying something like the quote, with one tiny alteration:

I don't like flags, and I don't like nationalisms but for Israel and the Jews, everything and anything.

____________________

BTW, what's an atheist secularist?  

***

Addendum:

According to the wiki entry " AbuKhalil  ...supports one secular state in historical Palestine

What kind of "one secular state" does the peace-loving, secularist-atheist, radical anarchist envisions?


"Prof. Abukhalil dreams about the day Palestinians take over Israel's institutions, towns, cities, malls, universities, etc etc. Here are some of the fantasies he shares with his readers:

"... once Palestine is liberated, I don't think that Hebrew poet living under a Palestinian flag (and using the renamed George Habash International Airport) should be harassed unless they harm the security of the anti-Zionist state."
 
" But your delusions are good for us: you won't know what will hit you in the future in response to all the war crimes that you have committed against our people. "

"And once the Palestinian refugees are returned to their homes all over Palestine, I will make sure that you get decent rents in the formerly Palestinian refugee camps because we may be a bit short of space for the occupiers then.

And then there is this:

" (Nothing incenses me or provokes me like watching scenes of "tourist" promotion for the enemy state of Israel: I scream in my inside. The stones are not yours. The flowers are not yours. The beaches are not yours. The clouds are not yours. The blueness of the sky is not yours. All will return to their owners. Then, everything will be more beautiful and more splendid.)"

***

Abukhalil, let me re-iterate, is not some nutcase who fulminates on street corners, or a wild-eyed Islamist mullah in his Friday sermon. He is a respectable professor of political science at California State University, Stanislaus and visiting professor at UC, Berkeley.

2 Comments:

At 5:43 AM EDT, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

But he screams in his inside. I hope his BMs reflect this.

 
At 10:16 AM EDT, Anonymous Benjamin said...

Jesus, I've seen terrorists less bloodthirsty than this man. Even Hamas is more moderate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home