Wednesday, September 03, 2014


The Selective Radical Anarchist

  Prof. AbuKhalil admires Chomsky:

It amazed me when I came to the US in 1983 to discover that Noam Chomsky's name is far bigger outside of the US than in the US.  But then again, it is the US. 

Here he is on record as being quite pleased when  Chomsky suggested he was somewhat familiar with him:
 Saturday, February 27, 2010

Noam Chomsky on Angry Arab

Mahmood sent me this (I cite with his permission): "In case you care, a friend of mine asked Noam Chomsky what he thought of your work, and he said this: "I've read some of his work, and liked it. Didn't know about his anarchist inclinations. Should become more familiar with him." "
***

 I.
"Anarchism is generally defined as the political philosophy which holds the state to be undesirable, unnecessary, and harmful,[1][2] or alternatively as opposing authority and hierarchical organization in the conduct of human relations.[3][4][5][6][7][8] Proponents of anarchism, known as "anarchists", advocate stateless societies based on non-hierarchical[3][9][10] voluntary associations."

II.



III.
AbuKhalil:  

"I don't like flags, and I don't like nationalisms but for Palestine and the Palestinians, everything and anything. "

Imagine No'am Chomsky saying something like the quote, with one tiny alteration:
I don't like flags, and I don't like nationalisms but for Israel and the Jews, everything and anything.

This is how much Prof. AbuKhalil either admires Chomsky or understands what a genuine anarchist is. To untangle this cognitive dissonance it would be useful to read about some of AbuKhalil's fantasies:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home